I’ve always appreciated it when people share their favourite books. Here’s a list of a few of the books that have been important for me, professionally.
- Effective Java, 2nd Edition. Always on my desk. A great help when in doubt about anything in the Java Language
- Java Persistence with Hibernate. Use Hibernate and/or JPA? Make sure you read this one. Sure saves you a lot of abuse when posting questions to the Hibernate Forum
- Clean Code. One of those books that puts into words very nicely what you somehow knew all along.
- Enterprise Integration Patterns. Don’t ever go into (JMS) messaging before reading this book
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know. A very interesting read. Now what happened to the original WIKI
There’s more, but these are the ones that have been on my mind recently…